“Build a Better World” Through the Eye of a Lens! The [...]
“Build a Better World” Through the Eye of a Lens!
The Alexandria Public Library is sponsoring a photo contest as part of our summer reading program. This contest is open to all our adults as well as our young adults (6th grade and older). Photos need to be submitted as .jpg via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be taken by the participant.
If you are having difficulty sending us your photo, please bring your camera or phone to our front desk staff. Photos will be printed on 4X6″ photo paper and displayed throughout the library as well as on our social media (our website, Facebook and Instagram). Winners will be decided by popular vote! Patrons can easily vote for best in each category and for overall winners online or by visiting the library.
Submit from the following categories:
- Structures: buildings, technology, bridges, machine-driven mechanisms, equipment;
- Photographer’s Choice: open to a photo of choice;
- Nature: flora/fauna found in nature; and
- Travel: anywhere in the world.
Rules for submitting entries:
- Each entry must include the following: photographer’s name; title of photo; category (see above choices); email address and phone number. Teens please include your age/grade.
- Only the title of photo, category letter and identity number will be displayed with the photo.
- First, second and third place winners in each category will be awarded ribbons.
- Overall winner for teens and overall winner for adults will be awarded an Amazon.com gift card.
- A maximum of one entry per category per participant will be accepted.
- Photos need to be appropriate for viewers of all ages and the library reserves the right to refuse photos that do not meet contest criteria.
- Photo submissions will be accepted from May 22 – June 19, 2017.
- Display and voting will take place from July 3 – 15, 2017.
- Winners will be announced on MONDAY, JULY 17, 2017.
Good luck and may the best photos win!
May 22 (Monday) - July 19 (Wednesday)
Alexandria Public Library
10 Maple Dr., Alexandria, OH 43001