July Teen Events
All programs are intended for teens entering 6th grades and older. If you’re interested attending, contact the library by calling 740.924.3561 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ll be coming.
Teen Board (BORED?) Games
Thursday, July 7 from 3-6PM
Join us for an afternoon of board games, snacks and fun. Teens 6th grade and older are invited. If you have a new game to try, or an old favorite to share, bring it with you.
Tuesday, July 12 from 6-8:30PM
Tuesday, July 19 from 6-7:30PM
Teens 6th grade and older are invited to join us for a make and take cord bracelet program for guys AND girls.
Teen Summer Reading Program Rules
- Teens 6th grade and older are eligible.
- Program runs from Tuesday, May 31 through July 18, 2016.
- Keep track of how much time you read (or listen to) a book on our handy dandy reading log (click HERE to download your own copy or stop by the library for one).
- One hour of reading earns one library treat.
- Bring your log to the library to earn tickets toward weekly prize drawings and treats.
- Complete 20 hours of reading, 20 activities OR any combination of 20 and receive a final prize for completion. Complete list of eligible activities are listed on the reading log.
- ALL HOURS AND ACTIVITIES MUST BE LOGGED AT THE LIBRARY BY JULY 18, 2016. Weekly prize drawings every Tuesday from June 7 to July 19.
Looking for tuition help? Check out GoodCall
Free Online Career Training and High School/College Test Prep
If you are getting ready to take your OGT, ACT, SAT or ASVAB tests, don’t forget about practice tests that are available through Ohio Means Jobs: Learning Express Library. Statistics prove that taking practice tests can decrease test anxiety and improve your scores on these important exams. Click here to start taking exams! We also have study books that can help prepare you for the tests. We have materials on writing college entrance essays, preparing for college and how to find money for college. All of these aids are available for check out to use at home.
Now powered through OhioMeansJobs.com. If you create an account through OhioMeansJobs.com’s backpack feature, you will be able to remember data and keep track of all training assessments and test scores.