Teen Summer Reading Program
How to Participate:
- Keep track of how much time you read (or listen to) a book between 5/30– 7/25. Color in a small square for every 15 minutes read or each activity. One hour of reading or one activity equals one treat.
- Bring your log to the library to earn tickets toward weekly prize drawings and treats. Need a reading log? Stop in and pick one up or click on our Reading Log to print your own at home.
- Complete 20 hours of reading, 20 activities OR any combination of 20 and receive a final prize for completion.
Schedule of Events for Teens
Photography Contest: Submit digital photos May 22–June 19. See official rules below.
LED Eyeballs & More: Wednesday, July 5 (2:30-4:00PM)
Book Club: Out of My Mind on Wednesday, July 19 (2:30-3:30PM)
Ohio Concrete STEM: Thursday, July 20 (3-4:30PM)
Movie Night: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on Tuesday, July 25 (3-5:15PM)
Weekly Take & Make: Stop by, grab one to do at your leisure.
“Build a Better World” Through the Eye of a Lens!
The Alexandria Public Library is sponsoring a photo contest as part of our summer reading program. Photos have been printed on 4X6″ photo paper and displayed throughout the library as well as on our Facebook page. Winners will be decided by popular vote! Patrons can easily vote for best in each category and for overall winners online (SEE LINKS BELOW) or by visiting the library.
Submissions have been received from the following categories. CLICK ON THE CORRESPONDING LINK TO VOTE ONLINE. ONE VOTE = ONE FB LIKE.
- Structures: buildings, technology, bridges, machine-driven mechanisms, equipment;
- Photographer’s Choice: open to a photo of choice;
- Nature: flora/fauna found in nature; and
- Travel: anywhere in the world.
- Photo submissions will be accepted from May 22 – June 19, 2017.
- Display and voting will take place from July 3 – 15, 2017.
- Winners will be announced on MONDAY, JULY 17, 2017.
Good luck and may the best photos win!
FREE eBooks and eAudio Books with Digital Downloads
Find your favorite authors here and download to your phone, tablet, iPod or computer.
Looking for tuition help? Check out GoodCall
Free Online Career Training and High School/College Test Prep
If you are getting ready to take your OGT, ACT, SAT or ASVAB tests, don’t forget about practice tests that are available through Ohio Means Jobs: Learning Express Library. Statistics prove that taking practice tests can decrease test anxiety and improve your scores on these important exams. Click here to start taking exams! We also have study books that can help prepare you for the tests. We have materials on writing college entrance essays, preparing for college and how to find money for college. All of these aids are available for check out to use at home.
Now powered through OhioMeansJobs.com. If you create an account through OhioMeansJobs.com’s backpack feature, you will be able to remember data and keep track of all training assessments and test scores.