Classroom Collections Policy
- Collections of up to 35 pieces may be borrowed by educators for a 28 day period with one 28 day renewal from the library by request. These books will be checked out on the teacher’s library card.
- Video/DVDs, Audio Books, Holiday and New Books may be included in a collection but will be borrowed according to the following guidelines:
- Holiday Books may be limited to TEN per teacher and may not be renewed.
- Videos and educational DVDs are limited to FOUR per teacher and are on a 14-day loan.
- Feature film DVDs are limited to FOUR per teacher and are on a 2-day loan.
- New Books (dots with month) are on a 14-day loan.
- Teachers are encouraged to select collections themselves. Both adult and children’s books may be included in a collection. (Personal books are not considered part of the 35 book classroom collection.)
- The library staff will assemble classroom collections upon request. Requests may be made in person by using the Teacher Collection Request form below, calling 740.924.3561 or emailing Jennifer Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will need to know your name, grade, the subject, how many books needed, preference for fiction and/or nonfiction and if you want us to borrow from other libraries.
- Requests must be made at least two weeks before the desired pickup date – additional time is necessary if you wish to borrow materials coming from our partner libraries. Requests made on Saturday may not be ready for pickup until Thursday. Collections not picked up within one week of the designated pickup date will be re-shelved.
- If students need to select materials on specific subjects while visiting the library, let us know if you want us to pull a selection for their choice, or help the students locate them on the shelf. NOTE: Please do not deplete all of our resources and then send students to us for help on class visits or after school.
- The teacher is responsible for all items in the collection and for fines or replacement costs for lost and/or damaged materials.
- Late notices will be sent to all patrons by mail or email.
- Borrowers are responsible for notifying staff to renew any items or renewing online at www.alexandrialibrary.org/myaccount.
- Printed collection lists will be available to teachers with their collection.
10A-8P Monday, Tuesday & Thursday; 10A-4P Wednesday & Saturday;
CLOSED Friday & Sunday.
Please contact Jennifer Shaw at by email
Renewals: can be made in person, by phone at 740.924.3561,
after hours at 1.877.77.BOOKS (877-772-6657) or online.