Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000 DOE
Benefits: 21 vacation days; 8 paid holidays; personal leave; OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System)
Hours: Full-time/salaried at 38.5 hours per week; may include daytime, evening and/or weekend hours. On call for after-hours emergencies.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and compliance of policies and procedures of the Board of Trustees as they are needed for the effective operation of the library.
- Direct the maintenance of the library building, grounds and equipment.
- Human resources activities (recruitment, interviewing, training and performance evaluations).
- Prepare reports for the Library Board of Trustees on the operation, programs, plans, and staff of the library.
- Oversee the selection of materials to be added to the collections of the library so that they meet the criteria of Written Material Selection Policy of the Library Trustees.
- Responsible for the ordering of supplies and equipment for the library.
- Represent the Library at consortium meetings, local community events and at Friends of the Library meetings and programs.
- Responsible for the planning and publicity of library programs, activities, etc. as well as content development and maintenance of the library’s website.
- Assist Fiscal Officer with annual budget preparation.
- Reconcile account balances and purchase orders with Fiscal Officer.
- Provides leadership in long-range planning.
- Ability to work a public service desk
- Responds to after-hour emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Progressively responsible professional library experience, including seven years of supervisory and management experience required.
- Diversified library background which includes experience in public service, personnel management and digital resources preferred.
- Membership and participation in professional organizations required.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable library-related work experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of current library trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to interact productively with members of the library team in problem solving, workflow analysis and decision making.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written English.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Competent in the use of Windows-based computer programs; proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic database programs required.
- Occasional travel, valid Ohio driver’s license, and proof of insurance required.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, lifting weights up to 40 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform general typing and computer skills.
- Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions.
- Periodic intense concentration and sustained viewing of a computer monitor.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of Alexandria Public Library.